WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Outsourcing can be a pivotal mechanism for achieving the business goals of growth, profitability, quality and value. In the race to become a more flexible, highly adaptive and efficient provider in their ever-changing marketplace, companies are outsourcing at record rates. This strategic use of resources outside of the firm is rapidly becoming one of the major management tools used in restructuring. It is also redefining the way employees are conducting business.
Strategic outsourcing provides an organization with the benefit of being able to focus its primary energy and resources on its core business and competencies.
COURSE BENEFITS: Participants will be able to:
• Identify what services and/or processes should be outsourced
• Develop an integrated process using the nine stages of strategic outsourcing implementation
• Identify the key factors for outsourcing success
• Map critical communication issues between suppliers and internal staff impacted by outsourcing actions
• Define the core issues and strategic considerations of an outsourcing decision, including cost and proprietary benefits
• Determine the cost considerations in outsourcing reversal
• Understand transaction details, including contractual language and product/service requirements
LENGTH: One day
RELATED COURSE RECOMMENDATIONS: Success is an Attitude, Coaching Skills for High Performance, Critical Thinking Skills